Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Postcard from Sedona

I just finished updating the section of my Web site for Sedona, AZ. There are new and updated photos there now, including some photos from my latest December trip.sedona-3

This is a new image from the December trip that I like very much. You see some of the red and white rock mountains of Sedona along with some drifting clouds and some lovely trees in the foreground. 

But if you look closely, you will see my friend and fellow photographer Dave Forester in among the trees, setting up to take a photo. I know it is difficult to see him in the small size, but he is there.

What I like about this image is you see how small a man is compared to the world he inhabits…or, if you will, man juxtaposed against nature. Sedona is such a beautiful place that it just overwhelms the senses, much the same way that Yosemite and Zion do. We are so tiny compared to the world that surrounds us. And here is this man, trying to capture one small piece with his camera while a world of beauty and grace surrounds him on all sides.

Please check out the rest of my photos from Sedona on my Web site.

No comments: