Saturday, August 14, 2010

Postcard from the Northwest

It’s Autumn in the Northwest. The air is cold and crisp. Frost is on the Autumn leaves. I am bundled up in a coat and gloves and my breath is visible in the air.autumn-3

Of course, it is not Autumn…and I am now in the Southwest, not the Northwest. But, when its 106 outside, I can dream. I sure as hell am not walking outside with my camera!

I love this image and others like it that I have taken over the years. In fact, in a couple of days, I will have a similar picture on my Web site that I took in the Southwest last December…not in Tucson, of course, but up in Sedona.

Putting aside the weather for a second, I love the Autumn colors in this photo, both in the foreground and background. The Northwest is so special for photographing Fall’s beautiful displays. There are good places down here also for colors, but not like the Northwest. But, of course, on the day I photographed this image I was bundled up to stay warm. If I had been in the Tucson that same day, I would be in shorts and a t-shirt.  There are trade-offs. 

No comments: