Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Postcard from Hunters

This is another painting that I recently finished after being on hold for a couple of years.  As mentioned before, I had a few painting in the works that I old gas pumpnever quite finished or was not happy with.  Again, recently acquired tools allowed me to re-do this painting from scratch and produce a work that I like better than any attempts done in the past.

This painting comes from yet another image from the town of Hunters near Lake Roosevelt in northern Washington State. The town turned out to be a treasure trove of images of old cars and trucks…and now an old gas station.  I like to think of it as a bit of Americana…remnants of a time passed, but not forgotten.

And, surprise…I have a few more images from there that I have not even attempted to paint…yet. Stay tuned.  

No comments: