Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Postcard from Hunters – The Old Truck

I’ve always had good response from readers when I showed photos orThe Old Ford Truck paintings of trucks and automobiles in a state of old age and disrepair. In going over some of my old b logs, I realized I never showed you this painting of an old truck I found in the small town of Hunters, WA.

It was sitting right by the highway along with some other vehicles in not-so-great shapes. But this one stood out because of its colors and contrasts. Perhaps I enhanced the colors a little (artistic license), but even with that, it was a great find.

I went by it a year later and it had deteriorated quite a bit. I wonder what it looks like today or even if it is still there.

It turned out to be one of my most popular paintings and I sold many prints during my time on the art show highway. I remember one show where I sold every print I had including a large canvas version. Good times.

Enjoy.

No comments: