Thursday, May 01, 2008

Picture of the Day - Sunrise on the Canal

In the autumn of 2005, I had just completed a weekend art show in Leavenworth. As I was too tired to drive home that night, I spent the night up there, then arose early before sunrise to head home. I was halfway between Quincy and Ephrata when dawn broke revealing this incredible sunrise. I stopped near an irrigation canal and began taking pictures. Fortunately, I had my tripod with me so I was able to handle the very low light situation.

After taking several pictures, I just sat back and enjoy the view. When you see a sunrise like this, you're just glad to have a camera by by your side. Very little post processing was done to the image except to lighten the canal water just slightly. I normally would have used a graduated neutral density filter to accommodate the vast light difference between the ground and the sky, but I didn't have one with me. I hope you like it.

No comments: