Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Picture of the Day - A Plain Wedding

It occurred to me as I was driving home last Sunday night that I have never displayed any of my wedding photography photos in this blog. Since it is an important part of my life, I thought I would share one with you.

This photo of the wedding I did last Sunday is one of several hundred I shot that day. It took place at the Mountain Springs Lodge in Plain, WA...about 15 miles north of Leavenworth. It is a great location to have a wedding as there are wide open spaces and beautiful mountain scenery. The staff there was exceptional and really helped get the wedding off without a hitch.

At the beginning of the day, I didn't know whether I would be shooting an indoor or outdoor wedding as rain and thunderstorms were a strong possibility. But the weather held, and, in fact became quite beautiful.

While I always shoot many close-ups during the ceremony, I couldn't resist including a long shot showing the sky, the flowers and the wedding party. This wedding shoot turned out quite well, photographically speaking and I am sure the happy couple will love their pictures.

I am sure I will be sharing a few more wedding images here and there. I hope you don't mind.

No comments: