Monday, May 19, 2008

Picture of the Day - The Old Ford Truck

This is one of my digital paintings done from an original photograph I took in 2006. I found this old truck in a combination auto graveyard/repair shop/museum annex in the little town of Hunters, WA, near Lake Roosevelt, south of Kettle Falls. There were some interesting old vehicles, and I took pictures of lots of them. But this old truck was my favorite.

The colors you see are genuine, but perhaps enhanced just a bit. I first did some preliminary work in Photoshop, then painted it by hand using Corel Painter and my Wacom Graphics Tablet. Then, back into Photoshop for some final minor adjustments. I like the painting very much, especially when printed on canvas...and it is a good seller, although it has only been available for one year.

About a year later, I was back in Hunters just passing through. This old truck was still there, although it's condition had deteriorated quite a bit. The roof on the passenger's side was caved in and the colors had faded. I am glad I captured it when I did.

At one art show last year, a fellow thought the truck might not be a Ford, but rather another make whose name I can't remember. I am not an expert on old cars and trucks, so he could be right. But, even if he is, I don't think I will change the name.

No comments: