Monday, January 19, 2009

Picture of the Day – Rock Caves in Bryce Canyon


I photographed this image over a year ago, Thanksgiving morning in 2007 in Bryce Canyon. There were few people around that day as it was Thanksgiving…and the temp was around 10 degrees.

It is always fun having a beautiful place like Bryce all to yourself, then wandering all over clicking away like crazy. I think I took over 400 photographs just that one day. I arrived just as the sun rose in the east.

Anyway, notice the caves at both the top and bottom of the picture. And the different colored layers. I like this photo a lot and was hoping to get back to Bryce this last November, but as I mentioned here in another blog, the cold wintry weather closed in on me and I had to flee south. Maybe later this year.

No comments: