Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Picture of the Day – Devil’s Garden in Black and White


It has been a while since I had a chance to sit down and play with Photoshop and Lightroom. Specifically, I wanted to do some more black and white images using some of the tools and skills I acquired before I left Washington.

Well, today was the day…I picked this image because I liked it for the composition and because there were clouds in the sky. So, I played for a little while using both programs and came up with this black and white print.

The picture was taken in the Arches National Park in the morning very near where I camped. The rock formation naturally leads your eye through the opening in the rocks to the Devil’s Garden rock formation in the distance…and the clouds make the whole image just pop right out.

I think this is a good one and I hope you like it too.

No comments: