Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Postcard from Chicago

This fountain is in Grant Park, a lovely park, part of which runs parallel to Michigan Ave. in Chicago (you can see the street off to the left). The park is often called the “front yard” of Chicago. I assume the back yard would have to be Millennium Park.

As I mentioned in a previous blog about the “Legs” sculptures, I walked the length of Grant Park from Roosevelt Road all the way to the Chicago Institute of Art, where this section of Grant Park ends (Millennium Park begins on the other side of the Institute). This fountain is part of the “Beaux Arts Garden.” The are, in fact,several gardens and flower displays throughout the park. It is not the most famous fountain in the park...not by a long shot. That honor is reserved for the famous Buckingham Fountain, one of the largest fountains in all the world.

I really enjoyed my walk on this beautiful morning in downtown Chicago…and I have more photos from Grant Park to share with you in the future.

(To see a larger version of this photo, just click on the image)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com.

No comments: