Saturday, February 28, 2009

Picture of the Day – A Blurry Duck


Sometimes, happy accidents just happen. I was exploring in and around Tucson one day recently and happened upon this very lovely park in the middle of the desert called Agua Caliente Park. It is located in the very eastern part of Tucson, almost up against the Rincon Mountains. It is an oasis in the Sonoran desert, to say the least. Sometime in the future I will share more images from there.

But on this day, I was in deep shade with my camera and was trying to photograph this family of ducks that inhabit the place. Most pictures came out blurred as they were moving and the camera’s shutter was very slow. Most were not worth keeping.

But this one had some magic to it as it caught my eye immediately upon seeing it. This is pretty much the way the camera caught this image and I have made no changes except enhance the blue a little and take out some small abnormalities that did nothing for the picture. The duck is unchanged.

I have no idea how it turned out the way it did, but there is just some spiritual quality about it that makes it special. I hope you agree.

No comments: