Sunday, February 15, 2009

Picture of the Day – The Painted Desert


Not too long ago, I showed you a photo from the Little Painted Desert. This one was taken at THE Painted Desert, several miles east of the little one. This painted desert is the very north part of the Petrified Forest National Park in Eastern Arizona. As you can see it is quite lovely, and definitely more photogenic the the rest of the park.

It is easy to explore from the main road, but it can be interesting to hike in it, which I unfortunately did not have time to do. Amazingly, this portion of the national park gets far fewer visitors than the petrified forest portion of the park. But, as a photographer who loves color, I am, of course, prejudiced.

PS: Something I have noticed lately is that the colors of the photographs that appear on the blog Web site and in the e-mail's subscribers get are no where near as colorful as they appear on my screen when I create the JPG copy from the original photograph. Of course, the JPG is shrunk down in size from the original and converted to JPG from the standard Photoshop format. It is too bad and I don't know if I can do much about it.

No comments: