Thursday, February 05, 2009

Picture of the Day – Autumn Colors on Icicle Creek


Over the years, I have taken many many pictures of autumn colors. I was in the mood to look at a few this morning and I came across this image I took a few years ago in the Icicle Canyon. If you are not familiar with this lovely place, it is just a few miles out of Leavenworth Washington. Autumn is always a great time to visit.

As I had a travel trailer parked in the Icicle Valley, just outside the canyon, I often wandered up into the canyon looking for good images. I like this picture even though it is far from my best. It shows the two primary colors of autumn using the creek as a backdrop. Sometimes simple is so very nice.

While I really like living in Tucson now, I miss the special beauty of mountains like the Cascades and the Sierra Nevada’s.

No comments: