Friday, September 17, 2010

Postcard from Tucson

This is another photo from my Spring visit to Tohono Chul Park here in Tucson. This is the place to visit in Spring if want to get a gander at the vast variety Southwest flowers. cactus-flower-2

As I stated in my blogs last Spring, the park is 37 acres and is divided into several sections, each with a theme. And there are many trails throughout the park, some long, some short…and in Spring it is a treasure trove of gorgeous flowers. Every so often I like to show a flower or two from both the Northwest, where I lived for many years…and here in my new home in the Southwest.

I like this one particularly because of its background of muted colored rocks offsetting the brilliant reds, yellows and greens of the cactus. You probably can’t tell, but I also darkened the edges ever so slightly to bring your eye to focus on the center of the photo…an old Ansel Adams trick.

This weekend I will be attending the big college football game between the University of Arizona and the University of Iowa. I have season tickets on the 36 years line behind the visitor’s bench and 19 rows up from the field. Great seats! I will sneak my camera in and take some photos to share with you here. The game is on ESPN, by the way. Enjoy your weekend, whatever you do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greatings, Ya he visto algunos hay ...
Gracias

[url=http://www.shampjp.com/]Kicker[/url]

Anonymous said...

ЎGracias! Ahora me irй en este blog cada dнa!
Gracias

[url=http://www.mjapfor.com/]Dolly[/url]