Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Postcard from the Desert

This is another one of my special effects fun photos that I play with in Photoshop. It is a desert plant of some kind with lots of straight spiny leaves that you find in the deserts of the southwest (sorry, don’t know the name). I antique_solarizedphotographed it looking straight down. That is a large, flat rock at the bottom of the picture.

I like the composition, but not the colors.  So I tried it in black and white…still no excitement there. So, I found a filter called “Antique Solarization,” and, bingo!! I had the start of something. I played around a little more and got the center of the plant to give off a little glow. A few more tweaks, and it was done. You never know what you can come up with playing in Photoshop. Of course, it is quite helpful that I have a large library of plug-ins from different companies that work inside of Photoshop.

It is just me having fun, trying to make something out of nothing…and I liked it. I hope you do to.

No comments: