Friday, July 23, 2010

Postcard from Soap Lake

soap_lake 1Over two years ago, I shared an image similar to this one of storm clouds over Soap Lake, WA. This is a different image, although taken around the same time.  Its not often you see such dramatic clouds like this (although some similar ones are over my home right now and are dropping a load of rain…Monsoon season is here).

I actually saw these clouds over my office in Ephrata and chased them to Soap Lake…about a five mile drive. The lake offered a much better location to photograph these clouds than my office…trust me. Off in the distance, you can see the small town of Soap Lake that hugs the east shore of lake. 

For photo aficionados, I used a split neutral density filter to adjust for the brightness difference in the dark clouds and the bright sky. It was obviously a photo made for black and white. Enjoy!

No comments: