Monday, March 22, 2010

Postcard from Prescott – The Infrared View


A couple of weeks ago I published a photo from Prescott, AZ of two roses complete with honey bees. Well, here is another view of the same rose bush, but this time I applied an infrared filter to give it a different look.

Shooting with infrared film in a film camera can yield some interesting results. The film sees only infrared light bouncing off the subject. It does not see the usual red, green and blue light, thus the images can be quite different and still interesting.

Here, I used infrared filters that I added to Photoshop on a digital image. It too yielded some interesting results…perhaps not true infrared, but interesting non-the-less. As you know, I love to play around with digital special effects, always looking for something different. I think you have to agree that this is different.

Enjoy (I hope).

No comments: