Monday, March 29, 2010

Postcard from Organ Pipe



I decided to show you a couple more photos I took last week at Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument. These photos could be subtitled: Mountains, Clouds, Cactus, and Wildflowers.” In the first photos I showed you last time, I concentrated on the wildflowers. In this edition, I wanted to show you all the amazing elements that make up the beauty of this place, and how they all contribute to a lovely photograph.

The array of colors in these photos is pretty good, if I do say so myself. Having a rainstorm clearing at sunset really helps with the composition and color arrays.

Actually, even without the wildflowers, these are pretty good photos. But having them here just makes them so much better. Last year there were no wildflowers on this hillside because of lack of rain. Well, we got the rain this year and these are the results.

I may never bitch about it raining ever again.

No comments: