Friday, August 07, 2009

Picture of the Day – Window Rock



This is not the first time I’ve presented a picture of Windows Rock here, but it is the first time I’ve shown a black and white image. The previous image was from a different location and was in color. But, I really like this black and version. At this reduced size, I hope you can see the large bird flying through the window.

Window Rock is located in a city of the same name in northeastern Arizona…very close to the New Mexico border. It is the capital city of the Navajo Nation. In fact, the park where this image was taken is right by their government headquarters. As you might image, Window Rock is very sacred to the Navajo people. That is partly why I was pleased to capture a large bird in the image as nature is such an important part of their culture. I wish I could tell you what kind of bird it is, but ornithology is not one of my strong suits.

I am starting to gather some of my black and white images on my newly revised Web site…with many more to come. Stop by when you have a chance.

No comments: