Saturday, August 15, 2009

Picture of the Day – Red Canyon


Red Canyon lies just a few miles west of the more famous Bryce Canyon in southern Utah. In fact, if you are approaching Bryce from the west, you pass right through it. The majority of people who come here are anxious to get on to Bryce…and I can’t blame them. They might stop for a few minutes, snap a couple of photos, then head on out to the big show.

Sadly, they are overlooking a wonderful park with its own personality. In general, the colors in Red Canyon are more vivid than Bryce. There are also some interesting, easy trails to explore. One, called the Arches Trail, takes you by a large red wall with its own windows. You even pass a old structure where Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid supposedly stopped for a meal.

Visitors to my Web site know that I have had a few photos from Red Canyon up for sometime. Well those are all gone now, replaced by some new reworked photos showing the park off in a better light, so to speak. I used some of my new tools to better enhance my original photos. I think they are far more spectacular than the original photos and I invite you to take a peek.

No comments: