Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Picture of the Day – From the Painted Hills


I’ve spent the last couple of days post-processing some of my photos from the Painted Hills in Oregon. Here is a sample of one of the photos I took on that trip last October.

It is such a fascinating place for both the photographer and the amateur geologist. It is off the beaten path, but well worth the journey. The best time to visit for photography is in the afternoon. Towards sunset is even better, but there are several places that you can photograph all day long.

The colors of these hills will just blow you away…lots of reds and greens, some gold, and even some pure white…all arranged by nature as if they indeed had been painted.

I’ve posted the best of my Painted Hills photos up on my Website, if you care to drop by.

No comments: