Monday, June 01, 2009

Picture of the Day – A Photoshop Boat


I photographed this boat a couple of years ago up in Port Townsend, WA. It was an overcast day, as is often the case there, but the light was still good. And I just loved this small boat.

However, the original image wasn’t good enough for me. Using some of my on-board filters in Photoshop, I tweaked and played with the original image and came up with this version which I like much better. All the colors are still there and the original image isn’t changed all that much.

I just boosted the colors a little bit, added a glow, then for good measure, added a little fog in the background, even though there was none that day. It just seemed appropriate and it brought more emphasis to the boat. I hope you don’t mind…but at least I told the truth.

No comments: