Friday, June 12, 2009

Picture of the Day – Yosemite Falls


Greetings from Blythe, CA. I am on the road again for a very short time. Am visiting here with my son Eric and his wife Jill. It has been a while since I’ve seen them. They recently moved here from Yuma to be closer to Eric’s work. In case you didn’t know, he is a federal border patrol agent assigned to the Blythe sector. Boy, does he have some stories to tell! He will probably be here a couple of years. I have enjoyed my time with them, but will probably leave today, heading northeast to a town called Prescott, AZ. Have never been there and want to explore my new home state some more.

Prescott is up in the mountains at around 5,500 feet. So the high temp there today will be around 74. Am looking forward to seeing this town, and its surrounding areas…and of course, to cooling off a bit. Will probably stay for a couple of days and give my camera another workout. I just wanted to check in today and let you know that I have not forgotten you.

I don’t have my photo library with me, but I did find this one picture that I don’t believe I have ever shared here. It is, of course, Yosemite Falls as seen through apple blossoms. Yosemite Valley did have apple orchards in it at one time and there are still a few apple trees here and there. This one was in full bloom when I visited there a couple of years ago in the Spring…and the falls in the park were all overflowing at the time from a fantastic spring runoff. As you may remember, Yosemite is one of my favorite places in the world and this is one of my favorite pictures.

Not sure when I will be able to write again, but it will probably be next week. I still have many pictures to show you from my last trip a week ago to Bisbee and Chiricahua National Monument and will probably add more to the collection in the next couple of days. It is nice to be out exploring again.

No comments: