Monday, June 29, 2009

Postcard from Bisbee – The Local Flora





As I write today, we are getting ready to be hammered by rain, high winds, and some good old lightning and thunder. But, amazingly, the temperature is still in the high 90’s. The monsoon season may have begun. It is already raining on the east side of town, but I live on the far west side. The monsoon season is not mentioned in the Chamber of Commerce brochures. I look forward to my first flash flood. We shall see.

Anyway, back to Bisbee. I have shown you some of the local color and now I will share with you a couple of pictures of the local flowers, in full bloom when I visited. As with most of my Bisbee pictures, I was not content to leave well enough alone.

I started playing in my computer darkroom and took these two flower images further out than I ever had before, at least for flowers anyway. I let them sit for a few days before I shared them here, wanting to make sure I still like them….and I do.

I hope you do too.

No comments: