Thursday, June 25, 2009

Postcard From Bisbee – Two Art Galleries



As promised, today’s blog from Bisbee will focus on the artistic, rather than tourism. Hope you don’t mind.

When I started photographing in Bisbee, I knew almost immediately that my images were good, but they would really come alive in post processing…in other words, the computer darkroom. I spent some four full days working on the 32 images that comprise my Bisbee collection.

Using Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, and several different non-Adobe plug-ins, I experimented and played until I got the images I wanted. With the two images presented her, I wanted a strong painterly look, but not a painting (although that might happen someday).

As is obvious, they were taken outside of two art galleries on the main street. They also give strong hints about the use of color throughout the entire city. With these two images, I knew what I wanted to do with them even before I snapped the shutter. And, happily I achieved my goal.

You can now see the entire Bisbee collection up on my Web site at:

http://www.corkrum.com/stock_photos/bisbee/

No comments: