Sunday, June 21, 2009

Postcard from Prescott – The Granite Dells



Just thought I would share two photos I took just north of Prescott in a very interesting area known as the Granite Dells. The Dells are only a couple of miles from the downtown area…but they are so different from their surroundings, it is almost like they should not be there. Still, there they are.

As you can see from the photos, they are a very different rock formation that anything I have ever shown here. There is a lovely lake there, some easy walking and hiking trails, and Watson Lake Park. Mostly though, there are private homes built in and around the rock formations. Still, they are quite lovely to explore and if you are ever in Prescott, I advise you to do so.

Another nearby town that is very interesting to visit is the old mining town of Jerome. It is built on the side of some very steep hills.. I visited there about 18 months ago, so I won’t cover it here. And, of course, not too far from Jerome is Sedona.

I enjoyed my time very much in Prescott. One of the nicest parts for me was that my campground was out in the woods, but so close to town that I didn’t have to cook. You gotta love that!

More photos from Prescott will eventually appear on my Website. Will advise.

No comments: