Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Postcard from Chicago

Chicago

I'm goin' to Chicago
I'm goin' back that way, someday
I'm heading back to Chicago.


I'm goin back to Chicago
And you know I mean to stay
At the Hotel Blackstone when I go.


Though winds may winge and blow
Off th' lake and freeze my face;
Though it may heavily snow


Sideways and hit ten below,
It'll be warm at my baby's place-
That much I do know.


I'm gonna' ride that old Metro
To th' museum down the way-
See Mista's Wood and Georgie Bellows, too.


There I'll sip pernod
All day
And watch the icicles grow
When I go back to Chicago.

Morgan Michaels

 

(To see a larger version of this image, just click on it)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com…or visit my Flickr Page.

No comments: