Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Postcard from Glacier



I photographed this small creek on a hike I took in Glacier National Park. Take the two mile trail from the main highway to Avalanche Lake and you will find it. In fact, bring your camera as you will find many wonderful, small places to photograph along the trail where nature shows off some of her finest work.

But make sure you have save room on your camera for the lake itself. It is spectacular! Several cascading waterfalls come down off the high mountains and flow right into the lake.

As for this photograph, I was fortunate to find a bend in the small creek where colorful rocks happen to be. I did not set this up, this was the way I found it. OK, so I did push the colors a bit in post-processing, but that is what artists do...or so I am told. Still it is a good image and is close to what I saw.
 
(To see a larger version of this photo, just click on the image)
 
To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com
 
 
 
 
If you subscribe to this blog by e-mail and wish to purchase a print or send a free e-mail greeting card using this image, click this link to the main Postcard Blog Site.
 
 
Don’t forget, e-mail greeting cards are free.
 

No comments: