Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Postcard from Utah

This image was taken at a small, unnamed lake in southern Utah, just north of the Arizona border and the town of Kanab, UT.  I looked on both Google Maps and Google Earth, trying to find a name for this lake. No luck. One person on Google Earth referred to this as a pond. Too big for that designation. It is quite easy to get to as it sits right on Highway 89.

Northern Arizona and Southern Utah are a smorgasbord of beautiful scenery and an endless supply of photo prospects. Even when they don’t have a name they can be beautiful. 

My photographer friend Dave Forster and I are planning another trip into southern Utah in the first week of November. First we will spend a few days capturing the beauty of Zion National Park in Autumn…then head into the back country of the Escalante Region…well off the beaten path. I am really looking forward to this trip. It’s an amazing place to be sure.

(To see a larger version of this photo, just click on the image)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com.

No comments: