Thursday, March 24, 2011

Postcard from Utah

highway 12 -1

How could one not stop and take a picture like this? I was traveling east on picturesque Highway 12 in Utah. I was east of Bryce Canyon and west of Escalante. I had just spent 4 days camping and hiking (and photographing, of course) in Red Canyon and Bryce Canyon National Park….the very westerly section of Highway 12. Now I was traveling east to see more of the most beautiful highway in Utah.

This photo was taken just outside the small town of Henrieville, UT…looking east. The red rock/mountain formation you see is called Powell Point and is one of many beautiful sites you see in the Grand Staircase of the Escalante National Monument.

The clouds this day, were of course, a major bonus. I think it rained a little off and on that day, but had stopped by the time I got to Escalante. From there, the real beauty of southern Utah begins.

No comments: