Saturday, March 14, 2009

Picture of the Day – Cactus at Saguaro National Park


Am off today and tomorrow for Tucson Festival of Books, a fantastic festival spread all over the University of Arizona campus with over 300 authors, bookstores and other vendors participating. There are lectures galore by authors taking place all over the campus. Sadly, some of the best ones for me conflict in their times, but I will do the best I can. Will have my camera with me, so expect a full report.

But, I didn’t want to leave you without a picture of the day. I took this image a couple of weeks ago on a beautiful day at the Saguaro National Park. There are actually two sites for the park, this one east of Tucson backed up against the Rincon Mountains, and another west of town near where I live. Oddly enough, I have not been to that one yet.

Obviously there are lots of cactus and other desert flora to photograph, but this was a nice location with the red rocks in the background. When you enter the park, it is an 8 mile drive through the desert with lots of stopping points. But the best time to visit the park will be in the next couple of weeks when the spring flowers start to bloom. Count on me being there.

No comments: