Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Picture of the Day – Leavenworth Iris


Happy New Year, one and all. I chose this picture to remind you all, especially those of you experiencing a very severe winter, that better days are just ahead. The plant that created this beautiful flower is well underneath many inches of snow right now. But before long, the snow will be gone and the plant will produce another masterpiece like this one.

The hours of sunlight are also on the rise. After December 21, the days get longer and the nights shorter. We all may have some more bad weather to go through, but it will end and the cycle of renewal will begin again.

So it is with all of life…there are better days ahead. Enjoy this day, then do the same thing tomorrow. We will get through any difficult days ahead and be stronger for it.

I wish you a very happy and prosperous 2009.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks - I needed that! This morning I woke up to over four inches of snow - dig out to my car, dig out to my doggies, stomping around the kennel looking for their dishes, then, on top of everything, dig a path to put the garbage can out. A very long path, I might add. Whoa - I'm ready for spring!