Saturday, September 06, 2008

Picture of the Day - Tucson Sunset

When I spent six days in January in Tucson, I was told by more than one person that Tucson has some very spectacular sunsets. And guess what...they were right. This sunset photo was taken at the Mission San Xavier del Bac, just a few miles south of the city. The mission itself dates back to the 1700's.

This was not the only spectacular sunset I saw in my brief visit...but it was one of the best. Oh yes, it was in January and the temperature was around 65 degrees. If you get to Arizona, be sure and visit Tucson. It is a wonderful city and worth the trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shot at San Xavier. Stumbled across your blog when I googled "January in Tucson," looking for a reference to one of my own pictures. See my website. And, no, I'm not trying to sell anything. Cheers. Neal.