Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Picture of the Day - Mountain Sunrise

Many of my long-time readers know that I have a travel trailer parked on private property up in the Icicle Valley near Leavenworth. It is the ideal situation for me, especially when I do the weekly Leavenworth Art-in-the-Park show. I am well off Icicle Road and have water-sewer-electricity-cable to make life even better.

On most mornings up there, I get up early and take a half-hour walk in the mountains before breakfast and leaving for the show. Let me tell you, walking in the mountains is far better than walking around Ephrata.

Anyway, the other morning I got up early and prepared for my daily walk. As I stepped out of the trailer, this was the sight that greeted me. It was too beautiful not to record with my camera, so I postponed my walk for five minutes to shoot this picture.

There is nothing better than a beautiful sunrise (or sunset) in the mountains. As we roll into Autumn, I will be sharing more images taken near my trailer. I think you will be amazed.

No comments: