Tuesday, May 10, 2005

New Book Features Northwest Artists

In eight days, a new coffee-table book will be released for sale entitled, "Northwest Artists." It is being released initially at the Ellensburg National Art Show. The 224 page book features nearly 200 of the Northwest's most notable artists. For some reason, the editor of the book decided to include me in the group. Five of my works are featured, along with a biographical blurb about me.

Of course, I am honored to be included. In fact, I am a little knocked out by the whole experience. I was able to help select the works to be included and to edit the text about me. Among the other local artists included is Doug Miller, a former Ephrata resident who now lives in Wenatchee. This also gives me pause to be included in the same book as Doug as he is a great artist and one of my heroes (and mentor, I might add).

On the evening of 19th, many of the artists in the book will be in Ellensburg to attend the formal artist's reception for the show. About 30 of the artists in the book are in the show and the others are coming just to autograph books, myself included.

Last week, a proof of the book sold for $700 at The Fred Oldfield Heritage Center Museum in Puyallup, Washington. I am not sure what the selling price of the regular book is, but I know it won't be that high.

Many of the artists will be autographing books for each other at Ellensburg. I should have some autographed copies for sale at all my shows after the 19th. I should also mention that the reception in Ellensburg is open to the public and many of the artists will be there to autograph copies.

No comments: