Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Postcard from Wrigley

As the baseball season officially gets underway this week, I couldn’t resist re-publishing the photo I took in the dressing room of the Chicago Cubs. Obviously, they were not playing this day, but I got lucky that the room was all set up for the game the following day.

Baseball is my second favorite sport, just behind football. I bought myself a large HD TV for Christmas and last month order MLB TV over my Roku Box. So now, I can watch almost every baseball game being played in hi-def, right in my living room. As a lifelong Giants fan, you know I will be watching them a lot.

Last night, I watched Yu Darvish of the Texas Rangers pitch a perfect game against 26 batters…giving up the only hit to the 27th batter he faced. So close, but yet so far. I felt bad for him. But, for sure, the 2013 baseball season is underway.

Every time I look at this photo from Wrigley Field, I think about that very special day when I took a three hour tour from top to bottom of that great sports landmark. The baseball and football history that fills the place is overwhelming, especially to a fan like me. I grew up loving both sports and never in my wildest imagination could I see myself being at this place…but I did. Somewhere in the top 50 moments of my life, this day is in there.

If I sound like an over-the-top sports fan…let me assure you I am not. It does not dominate my life. Its just one of the many things that keep happy and entertained…like movies, and  good books. 

Gotta go now, there is a Yankee/Red Sox game about to get underway.

(To see a larger version of this painting, just click on the image)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com

If you subscribe to this blog by e-mail and wish to purchase a print or send a free e-mail greeting card using this image, click this link to the main Postcard Blog Site.

No comments: