Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Postcard from Zion

This is one of the few photos of Autumn colors that I was able to capture in Zion’s high country. The reason…most of Autumn was finished up high. The real Autumn colors you’ve seen before from my last trip were from down in the Zion Canyon itself.

I titled this photo, “In the Crevice.” Sadly, it is hard to determine how narrow this crevice actually is as you can’t see the rest of the mountains. Trust me…when seen as a whole, this crevice is very small…and as you might determine, these trees are very tall.

But for me, the joy of this photo is the colors…and the survival of the yellow tree in such a small place. I found a few places in Zion where trees were growing under the most adverse conditions. But, as I heard somewhere once in a movie, life always finds a way.

(To see a larger version of this photo, just click on the image)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com.

If you subscribe to this blog by e-mail and wish to purchase a print or send a free e-mail greeting card using this image, click this link to the main Postcard Blog Site. Don’t forget, e-mail greeting cards are free.

No comments: