Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Postcard from Highway 12

As Highway 12 climbed higher and higher toward Boulder Mountain, I left the September summer behind and entered Autumn. The first aspens were just beginning to turn, but the the higher I ascended, the more the colors grew in intensity…until I reached the summit when most of the trees had achieved their full Autumn glory. It was a very special and unexpected sight.

Soon, I would start back down again toward Capitol Reef National Park, and summer would return. But, on that highway, I saw the fall season begin, then peak, then disappear until a later date, all in one morning.

Highway 12 in Utah is one of the most beautiful byways in America, as I have documented here before. I did this digital painting in an impressionist style to show the light and the colors up on Boulder Mountain that early September day. I do so much like to experiment with digital paints using different techniques...and the original photo seemed so right for a painting.

(To see a larger version of this photo, just click on the image)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com.

If you subscribe to this blog by e-mail and wish to purchase a print or send a free e-mail greeting card using this image, click this link to the main Postcard Blog Site. Don’t forget, e-mail greeting cards are free.

No comments: