Monday, March 05, 2012

Postcard from Yosemite

I’ve been fortunate in the last few years to visit Yosemite in May, especially in those years when they had record-setting snowfalls during the preceding winter. Of course that means a lovely green Springtime with full waterfalls, streams and rivers.

Such was the case in the Spring of 2007 when I took this photo. This is Bridalveil Creek, which flows directly from the famous and beautiful Bridalveil Falls. This section of the creek is just below the falls. I love how the light plays on the moss on the trees and how full the creek is. Even if you’ve never been here, I think you can feel how fast the creek is flowing.

This picture was taken along the trail that goes from the parking area to the falls. That year, I never got near the falls as there was so much mist created by the massive amounts of water pounding the rocks at the bottom of the falls. One would have been drenched in seconds. Not a great idea for someone with expensive camera equipment.

I’ve also been in Yosemite in late Autumn, when the rivers are low and many famous waterfalls don’t even exist…Yosemite Falls for instance. But Bridalveil never seems to dry up, although I have seen it pretty low.

I’ve been working hard of late posting new photos on my Web site. The current galleries have now been updated with new photos…and I have a few more new galleries to add.  This particular photo has only gone up in the last few days as well as other photos from Yosemite being seen for the first time. I hope you will stop by and take a look at the Yosemite photos as well as the other galleries.

(To see a larger version of this photo, just click on the image)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com.

If you subscribe to this blog by e-mail and wish to purchase a print or send a free e-mail greeting card using this image, click this link to the main Postcard Blog Site. Don’t forget, e-mail greeting cards are free.

No comments: