Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Postcard from the Oregon Coast

I mentioned in a previous blog that I am in the middle of a major Website update…and it is going quite well. One of the benefits of doing that is discovering photos that have been overlooked. What you see here is one of those photos.

I took this image in June of 2007, and although it was on my hard drive and cataloged in Lightroom, I never did anything with it…in fact I pretty much ignored the whole catalog from that shoot. How great it was to find it.

Another thing I found in redoing my site was I had never posted any photos from the Oregon Coast. Of course, that was immediately rectified and now you can see some of my best photos from those various expeditions. There are also some other new galleries on the site, and of course new photos in older galleries that have not been posted before. More on that in future editions.

I was lucky on this 2007 expedition to get this photo. It was taken in Ecola State Park near Cannon Beach, OR...one of my favorite spots on the fabulous Oregon Coast. I know we have fabulous sunsets here in Arizona, and you have seen a few of them over the years. But, a good sunset photo on an ocean beach is worth its weight in gold. I am so happy to have “rediscovered” this work.

Sadly, it may be quite a while before I see the Oregon Coast again, if ever, But I have great memories of trips down Highway 101, all the way from Astoria to the California border. I remember one trip that took almost four days…the last day being Super Bowl Sunday…driving in the rain, trying to find a radio station so I could listen to the game. I finally got a hotel room in Gold Beach and watched the 4th quarter there. I don’t know why that memory sticks in my head…probably because it is the only Super Bowl I nearly missed.

But, I do know that I have more pictures squirreled away on hard drives and backup CD’s that I will get to one day and post on my Web site…so stay tuned.

(To see a larger version of this photo, just click on the image)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com.

If you subscribe to this blog by e-mail and wish to purchase a print or send a free e-mail greeting card using this image, click this link to the main Postcard Blog Site. Don’t forget, e-mail greeting cards are free.

No comments: