Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Postcard from Yosemite – Playing Around Again


As mentioned here before, I love playing around in Lightroom and Photoshop...seeing how far I can take a photograph to make it even more interesting and appealing. Well, take a look at this one.

I shot it last October in Yosemite. It has the classic S-Curve road and Autumn colors, which is why I shot it in the first place. But as I began to play with some of the plug-ins installed in Photoshop, I started getting further and further out with the colors, then kept going. One big problem I ran into was that the road starting coming out way too blue.

So, using my saturation controls, I scaled the blue back…but went too far and took out all the blue. But, darned if I didn't like it. So I left the road desaturated and continued to play with the other colors until I got the image you see here. I like this one very much and it is now part of the “Yosemite Autumn” collection on my Web site.

As I work more and more on my images, I find myself enjoying taking more chances and taking many of my photos to more creative levels than ever before. Maybe not all go as far as this one, but dang, its fun!

No comments: