Friday, July 24, 2009

Postcard from Chiricahua – The Echo Canyon Trail




High up in the Chiricahua Mountains, near where the road ends, is a parking lot where you can begin hiking along some of the trails of the Chiricahua National Monument. On my second day in the park, I got up early at my campsite down in Bonita Canyon, had my obligatory cup of coffee, and headed up the road to this very same parking lot.

The previous day, I had gone the the park’s Visitor Center to learn more about the place and see where I might want to hike with my camera in-hand. I chose the Echo Canyon Trail as it looked the most interesting. As it turns out, it was.

I must admit, I did not take the entire trail as it is quite long and down hill into the canyon. It would have meant quite a climb to get back to my car. By I did go of couple of miles along the trail and found, what I believe, to be its best kept secrets.

The trail winds through some incredible rock formations, a couple of which you see here. You also get some great views of some of the other fabulous rock formations down in the canyons.

But, for me, the highlight was the Echo Canyon Grotto, a small cave-like structure that was formed when some very large boulders crashed into each other and left a large space underneath them. I got there, quite accidentally I assure you, at exactly the best time of day when the early morning sun hit the two red entry rocks just right, giving them an ethereal glow that was just made for a photographer with a good camera.

If you ever get to this very out-of-the-way National Monument and only have time for one trail, this would be the one I heartily recommend…and do it in the early morning light.

I have posted more pictures from my trip to Chiricahua National Monument on my Web site…and will add more as I post-process them. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am able to make link exchange with HIGH pr pages on related keywords like [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com]bad credit loans[/url] and other financial keywords.
My web page is www.usainstantpayday.com

If your page is important contact me.
please only good pages, wih PR>2 and related to financial keywords
Thanks
Wesappono

Anonymous said...

We all knows that the P90X workout software performs greatest for adult men that were sports players, military personnel or marines, adult males and females that lost considerable fat and desire to tone up the loose skin they've. The [url=http://www.p90xonly.com]P90X[/url] method is going to be life changing. After acquiring satisfactory results you can expand your intensity with all the P90x program or carry on. It really is accurate that [url=http://www.p90xonly.com]P90x workout[/url] exercise routine is going to be inflexible at 1st, but immediately after a few weeks you can assume it to become less complicated. The preliminary method is definitely an costly expense, but whenever you calculate the charge of every DVD from the technique, you may tell that they may be comparatively affordable on an individual basis. The P90X presents guiding on the best way to commence the application and guidelines for matching and strengthening and increasing energy, a nutrition guide that is almost nothing exceptional, but it really is useful, It also presents the capability to alter your body and fitness level more quickly than you anticipated. By making use of insanity workout method you'll be able to assume exceptional changes.

Anonymous said...

We all knows that the P90X training system operates very best for men that were sports players, military personnel or marines, guys and females that lost significant weight and desire to tone up the loose skin they've. The [url=http://www.p90xonly.com]P90x workout[/url] strategy is going to be life altering. Soon after acquiring satisfactory final results you can expand your intensity using the P90x process or carry on. It can be legitimate that [url=http://www.p90xonly.com]P90x workout[/url] exercise will probably be inflexible at earliest, but soon after a couple of weeks you can assume it being simpler. The preliminary program is an costly expense, but if you calculate the price of just about every DVD from the program, you'll be able to tell that they may be comparatively low-cost on an person basis. The P90X delivers guiding on how you can start the plan and guidelines for matching and strengthening and rising energy, a nutrition guide that is almost nothing special, but it is beneficial, It also delivers the capability to transform your body and fitness degree much more quickly than you anticipated. By applying p90x program you are able to expect exceptional adjustments.

Anonymous said...

Интересная мысль, возьму на заметку.