Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Postcard from Ephrata – Remembering the Garden


I happened to be browsing some of the many photographs that I’ve taken of Spring flowers and I came across this lovely image. In looking at it and the other photos taken the same time, I realized it was in our garden at the house in Ephrata.

Now, I don’t think about those days very much anymore as I mostly look forward and not into the rear view mirror. But, gazing at this flower, I remember how Susan put so much time and effort into making this garden a reality. I also remember the little time I got to spend in it before moving on. It was a nice place to mellow out and enjoy the colors of Spring. Would have liked to have had just a few more days there.

Our lives are like chapters in a good book…nice when you are there, but always moving forward to the inevitable conclusion. I don’t look back in sadness, but rather in joy for the time I was part of this chapter.

Regardless of the memories, I do like this photo very much. I don’t know the flower variety, but the leaves underneath make me think it is some sort of tulip.

Now I live in Tucson where we have a whole different version of Spring. Very soon, I will be sharing some photos and memories of my first Spring in the desert.

No comments: