Saturday, May 23, 2009

Picture of the Day – Three Amigos


I shot this photo recently at the Saguaro National Park West. It looks like three people standing close having a chat…only it is cacti. Just something about it grabbed my imagination.

The cloudy sky was a bonus that day, although I remember that it became all clouds shortly after this photo was taken. I took the original image and first applied a correction filter that also put down a slight darkening effect in the corners (called a vignette).

Then I converted it to black and white, applying more adjustments. Finally used another filter called “glow” which gave me an effect that I really liked. Did a little more magic on it and….voila! You see the results before you.

One of the fun parts of digital photography is playing around with different filters to see what you might get…and believe me…I love to play.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

They look so happy!