Monday, April 13, 2009

Postcard from Tucson – Photographing the U


I went to an awesome jazz concert Thursday night at the University of Arizona, and while walking back to the car, realized I had not shown you many images from here. I will begin to slowly rectify that.

The U is a very large campus with many very impressive architectural elements that have the makings for some compelling photos . This image is actually of a parking garage that I often use when I go to concerts, plays, art exhibits, and for the Center for Creative Photography. It isn’t very colorful so I went with black and white.

One of the nice things about the U is the way they center their various schools and colleges. The artistic schools, including galleries, theater, and concert halls are all in one place for easy access. Same with their sporting complexes and other similar academic programs.

This distinguished university plays a considerable part in my life. I am over there several times a week for concerts, lectures, art exhibitions, sporting events, and even just to walk around for daily exercise. It is only a few miles from home and their public events are numerous. It is special to learn more about things of interest and not have to worry about midterms, finals, or even doing homework! Can't beat that!

No comments: