Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Picture of the Day - Icicle River Reflections

I took this image in Sept. 2005 with what was then my brand new, first ever, digital camera. It was sunset, as is obvious. Within seconds of taking this image, the sun went behind a cloud and the tree on the left side went into shade.

This is the Icicle River, out in Icicle Valley near Leavenworth. It is actually along East Leavenworth Road near the Salmon hatchery...but you can't see this part of the river from the road.

I love this little corner of Washington. About a mile from here is where I park my travel trailer for 6 months, so I know this area well. But, I don't know it well enough that I don't continually find new places to photograph in all four seasons. If I ever leave Washington, I will miss this area very much.

No comments: