Sunday, June 08, 2008

Picture of the Day - Arizona Rest Stop

I was traveling one Monday morning east from Yuma to Tucson, Arizona. As I can't quite travel 225 miles without stopping, I pulled into this rest stop in the desert. As I was walking to the boys room, I came across this sign that I just had to photograph.

To my Washington State mentality, it was funny. You just don't see signs like this where I come from, but they are apparently common is the desert southwest. No great art here...just ironic humor. It definitely keeps you on your toes when you are walking to and from your car. I think I even looked carefully inside the bathroom before I entered.

If you can't read it because it is too small, the sign says, "Poisonous snakes and insects inhabit the area." Not real comforting.

No comments: