Monday, May 05, 2014

Postcard from Tempe

This is one of the first buildings I saw when I drove into Tempe and on to the campus of Arizona State University. I mean, how could one miss this multi-story structure with a bunch of X’s all the way around it? Of course, I have an eye for architectural oddities, or perhaps I should say unique architectural elements.

And this is a very unique building and I am only sorry I couldn’t capture all of it. It is three-sided instead of the usual four. Each side has a curve on it as you can see from the image. In fact, I call this photo, “Where the X’s Start to Curve.”

Of course, I see the sides as X’s…but they could easily be seen as rows of V’s or W’s, or even diamond shapes. My eye and brain saw them as X’s. I am not sure what that says about me. Is this some sort of architectural Rorschach Test?

Anyway it makes a wonderful addition to my collection of architectural images. There are a few more images to come from my day on two ASU campuses.

PS: Sorry about no blogs last week. I suffered a sever bout of food poisoning (I am guessing Salmonella from one of our local establishments) a week ago and it has taken a while for me to recover fully. It’s hard to be creative when one is sick.

(To see a larger version of this image, just click on it)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com…or visit my Flickr Page.

No comments: