Monday, May 19, 2014

Postcard from Morro Bay

This is a photo of one of those unique architectural features I love to shoot when I find them. This is an old movie theater that was recently restored, but still remains empty. Sadly, it was the most interesting object in Morro Bay to photograph. Even the beaches there are boring, photographically speaking.

I believe the design of this building would labeled “Art Deco.” Whatever its name, it is certainly unique. Wikipedia describes this style as “…an eclectic style that combines traditional craft motifs with Machine Age imagery and materials. The style is often characterized by rich colors, bold geometric shapes, and lavish ornamentation.”

That sounds about right to me. I don’t know what else to say about it except it certainly stands out among all the other buildings in boring Morrow Bay.

(To see a larger version of this image, just click on it)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com…or visit my Flickr Page.

No comments: