Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Postcard from the Arches

The Arches National Park in Southeastern Utah is one of my favorite National Parks.  This is Skyline Arch, a beautiful arch located near the end of the road deep into the park. I walked off the road a ways to get this photo under it. On the other side of this arch is the campground where I stayed for a few days. Hardy climbers can get up to the arch from the campground side. 

I remember this day well…it was one of those days where amazing clouds ruled the landscape.  When you have a beautiful day in a beautiful place such as this, one cannot stop shooting. If you have followed this blog for a long time, you have already seen some of the images from this day. This is the first one I have posted in a while.

As Ansel Adams once said about a day like this:

“Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter.”

That was this day for me in the Arches. The clouds and the light were beyond belief! I considered myself one of the luckiest men with a camera on the planet that day.

Definitely make The Arches National Park one of your destinations in the future. PS: The Island in the Sky portion of Canyonlands National Park is only a few miles up the road from the Arches. How handy is that?

(To see a larger version of this image, just click on it)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com…or visit my Flickr Page.

No comments: